Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Paying to Be King of the Road

When I first bought my Jeep I knew I would be buying it with only a few manufacturer modifications and add-ons and would later do what I would want to it. On my own Jeep I paid for the hardtop, electric group, and bigger tires.
After buying my Jeep, like a lot of newer owners, I quickly found out exactly how much money I could spend on my car. Most cars have the usual costs of oil changes, new tires, some maintenance. Unlike most cars Jeeps are the most customizable vehicles and have the largest after market available. You can buy everything for a Jeep in at least five different styles from the headlights to the bumper. Quickly, I realized that my dream car was way more awesome than I thought, and a lot more expensive. 
In a very smart marketing move, Quadratec sent me a catalogue in the mail that I could look through and see a lot of possibilities for my new dream car. I found that there were several extreme and subtle modifications that can change the entire experience. Then there were just the simple modifications that were classic to most Jeep owners. These were the ones that I knew I would do before I even purchased my Jeep.
Some of the “classic” modifications I wanted included hood lights, adding a winch to the front bumper, and getting a lift kit with better suspension. I call these classical because almost every Jeep owner has or plans to have. What was really mind boggling is the other modifications and add-ons that were offered through several after markets.  Some of my favorite more extreme modifications to a Jeep would be getting a high rise bumper in the front and back, black brake light grills, black corner protectors for the back end,  black steel running boards, black headlight inner rims, rally flag, fender flares, and the mesh doors and mesh soft top.
Also, some of the less noticeable add-ons and modifications are really attractive. The ones that I want include the superchip, a base system, new kickers and tweeters, interior glow for the cup holders and under the dash, custom colored interior roof lighting, after market muffler, new air intake filter system, bug deflector, door protectors,  and rock sliders.
Just listing all of these items you can start to imagine the costs building up. It’s always easier to take it one step at a time, and this way you get to spend more quality time with your vehicle (something that’s much needed). Despite all of this, it still takes a lot of money to have and to really own a Jeep. The MW3 version without all of the extra add-ons they offer easily will cost over 40 grand after warranty and tax. While it cost so much it is still one of my most valued goals. This I find to be one of my largest mountains I need to climb and at the same time, one of my biggest motivators. With the Jeep I dream of in mind, I definitely work harder to excel in life. With that being said, owning a Jeep means having a better life. I feel it. I believe it. I live by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment